Interpreters and Translators Association, HITA
Translators Association, ATA
Writing for Translation
My name is Steven Marzuola, and I was raised and later worked
in Venezuela. Today I live in Houston, Texas, where I apply my oil
industry experience, advanced technical education, and attention to
detail to provide the best possible translation and interpreting
services. My clients include leaders in the oil and gas industry, as
well as general business, service, and manufacturing.
As I become familiar with my clients' particular requirements,
I can provide greater consistency in the style and terminology that is
delivered to my customers. Shorter, direct lines of communication
result in better turn-around times and immediate answers about
scheduling and availability.
Translation and Interpretation specialties:
- Petroleum drilling and production terminology.
and maintenance manuals. Technical
Standards and Specifications (API, ASTM,
- Bid tender documents, business
- Finance and economics
- Contracts, "Due Diligence"
- Simultaneous and consecutive
Conferences, contract negotiations, training.
- Native speaker of American English
Spanish, approx. 17 years in Venezuela
assignments in Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Mexico,
- High-speed, high-quality translation of AutoCAD
- Use of
memory” software, to leverage previous translations, boost
productivity and consistency.
Quality, for use in
brochures, printed catalogs, etc. Precise grammar and terminology,
localization for intended audience.
Information Only: to
the sense of the document, where delivery time is more important than
- Summary, (i.e.
per page) to facilitate a decision on whether to proceed with a
- Quotations at no charge.
Work Experience and Education:
Oilfield services and equipment industry; sales
manufacturing plant manager, quality
Texas: Applications engineer
equipment and service providers
engineer, aerospace industry.
engineering (BS, Magna Cum Laude,
Texas A&M University)
and computer science (Masters,
- Full-time translation/interpretation since 1992.
- Houston Interpreters and Translators Association, HITA.
- President, 2012-2013
- Previously: President, Vice President, Web
Editor, Public Relations
- Presentations on use of computers in
translation, oil and gas production
- American Translators Association, ATA.
- Co-moderator, Help
Desk for Translators discussion group
Computer hardware and
- Microsoft Windows, Office
- Dual monitors, for proofreading and display of
Vu translation memory software
dictionaries, reference materials, glossaries
OCR, flatbed scanner
- Broadband Internet access
- Audio transcription equipment.